Walk30 page views

Friday 14 October 2011

Join the 30 day Challenge!

Hey there walkers!
Here is our brand new blog that will bring you all of the news from those of us who are attempting to stay fit, feel good and just get out there and walk.  
GOALS are GREAT and they keep us all on track and walking. 
The idea here is to join the fun and create a 30 day goal for yourself and, it you feel inclined, you can share your success with others.
There are two goals to choose from ... one is the 10 minutes a day for 30 day challenge.
The idea is simple ...  get yourself out the door for 10 minutes a day for 30 days in a row.   This idea is not original (few ideas are) and we wrote about it in our Walk on Strong Blog about a year ago after I ran across a blog called the jawalks by Jo ann Taylor.  She was the inspiration for the goal we set for ourselves and the group of Walk on Strong walkers here in the KW area at that time. My husband Dave and I work together with a great community of inspired walkers. 
It was a simple challenge to get out and walk, even if for only 10 minutes, every single day.  It seems like a small thing but we all need to just get our legs out the door and some great things happen when you do.  Jo ann started this idea two years ago and on November 1st she will have finished 2 years and 730 days in a row and will begin walking on strong into her third year!
In her own words from her jwalks@blogspot.com:
It started out as a 30-day goal just to get myself back on track! Well it turns out that one day leads to another and another.... A few times along the way I told Gene (my husband and co-founder of the Walking Connection) that I didn't feel like walking and anymore. He would just respond by saying, "So tomorrow morning you are going to say Day 1, Whoo Hoo!?" Yep he always knows how to get me going, in a good way of course :)

So here I am with almost two full years of days - of walks - of hikes - of miles, sometimes only ten minutes, but an accomplishment none-the-less. WOW! I really did this and now I want to share this milestone with everyone! To celebrate I am inviting all of my friends from around the world to go for at least a 10-minute walk on November 1. It can be anywhere, any place YOU are. It doesn't have to be far or fast, just walk with a purpose. Just Walk for YOU!

So far, friends that are joining this 10 minute walk are located in the states of AZ, CA, CT, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, SD, HI, TX, OH, GA, MA, MT, MO, OR, WA, FL, MI and NE They'll be joined by my international friends in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Nova Scotia. As well as the far off lands of Costa Rica, Argentina, Mexico, South Africa, New Zealand, India, Morocco, Iceland and Australia. Amazing!
   
So here we are ready to join in on November 1st 2011.  This will be day 1 and we will see if we can keep on counting the days and getting out the door.
The second goal Challenge will be the topic of tomorrow's blog ... stay tuned and see if the Half Marathon a Week challenge will be the challenge for you!
So here's to beginnings! ... mark your calendars and get out the walking shoes and choose a 30 day challenge to suit you.
Walk On Strong 30 days at a time!
Sue


1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only lonely walker but I found out that there are quite a few of you out there walking30!!

    ReplyDelete