Walk30 page views

Friday 18 November 2011

Day 18 ... off to a meeting on my feet = walk30

Day 18 and once again all it takes is getting out the door.
One thing I love is to use walking as a way to get to a destination ... we really don't do that very often because the distance and time involved just stand in the way.  Since the Half Marathon a Week became a part of my life on November first I am now thinking twice about 'just taking the car'.  Any distance that is about 2 to 3 K away from home is an easy walk30 on those days when I don't have training or our walking group.
So today I have walked 27 minutes to my meeting this afternoon and I will get out again and finish up with a walk around the block!

You might notice that I have a funny looking thing on my shoe here ... it is my Nike transmitter and it relays information to my nike+ ipod app that I downloaded (I think it was free) from the apple app store on my ipod. It is an great toy and walking motivator. It records all of your steps, calories burned, pace etc. (too many things to mention). Then when you want to you can down load all the information at the nike+ website.  If you want more information about this cool app here you go ...  nike+ app .
A transmitter like the one that is on my shoe is available for purchase at running stores or the Running / Walking Rooms.   

I have lots of walking gizmos that help me stay interested ... I would love it if some of you would comment and let us know what tricks you have for staying interested and getting the most out of your walk30.
If anyone out there would like to join the Saturday morning Walk On Strong group please come to the Waterloo Public Square at 8 a.m. for 12 K ( with me) or at 9 a.m. for a 5 to 6 K walk ( with Dave) we meet just in front of Shoppers Drugmart.
I hope you all walk30 today!
Walk On Strong,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment