Walk30 page views

Friday 16 December 2011

Day 16 Walking30 is going to help you get a good nights sleep

Come and join us for a 12 K walk tomorrow at 8 a.m. or a 5K walk at 9 a.m. We meet a Waterloo Public Square by Shoppers

 Day 16 (or 46)
Walking30 has its benefits and there are so many I think they could keep me blogging for years!
Spark People (www.sparkpeople.com I have talked about before) is an incredible website for those who are attempting to change their habits and move into a healthier lifestyle. It is free and a great community. 
They send me an email everyday and it is filled with interesting information and trends.
The thing that caught my eye today was and article about

I don't know about you but I have had a habit at times of waking up in the middle of the night and staying awake for a while ... thinking ... about all the things I need to do and all the worries that seem so minimal in broad daylight.  I believe that my daily walk30 habit really helps minimize this and does make a difference in the quality of my sleep.  In this article they site a lot of research that supports this theory and walking 20 to 30 minutes 3 or 4 times per week is one of the best ways to accomplish a number of sleep benefits.  It is also well known that sleep deprivation has a huge impact on our mental health and our ability to keep abdominal fat to a minimum.


One caution that they mention in the article is that you shouldn't race out the door just before you go to bed ... it can keep you from falling asleep right away.  Therefor, if you need to get your walk30 in before your head hits the pillow ... make it a slow easy walk that will calm you down.  Keep your interval training for an early morning or an afternoon walk.
Check out the article at the link above and then head out for a walk30.  You will sleep a little better for it!
Walk On Strong,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment