Walk30 page views

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 3 BRRRRR!

Our Newfoundland Terra Nova loved the winter ... she definitely had the right outfit!

Day 3    Walking30 in subzero temperatures requires more layers
Today it is the coldest day we have had all winter ... it is 16 below zero C and fortunately the wind cooperated and didn't blow.  We have been very spoiled this winter with almost every day being above zero and unusually warm.
Getting out there for a walk meant being sure that another layer, scarf, and heavier mitts were added to the attire.  Sometimes I can hardly believe that I am so very warm while walking30 in spite of the super cold temperatures.  There was a time, before my walking habit, when I really didn't like winter much. It seemed to be about hurrying from the car to the house or the nearest warm building ... now I know that if I dress for the weather I can enjoy almost anything it throws my way. I still don't love walking in torrential rain though! That is what indoor tracks are for.
So get out there and walk30 even on the coldest of days ... the bonus is that you are burning more calories keeping your body warm and moving through the snow.
Walk on Strong!
Sue

1 comment:

  1. :) http://spunkysuzi.blogspot.com/ I got a 70 minute walk in today!

    ReplyDelete