Walk30 page views

Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 1 Walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days! Join me!


It's all about marking off the days

Day 1 Come join me in my March walk30 challenge
Hey,  I can't believe that it is the first of the month once again.  Time to begin walking 30 minutes a day for 30 days ... that's it ... sounds easy but as we all know there are a million reasons not to go out the door.  
People always say "it's easy for you because you teach power walking and dance".   Well in a way that is very true.  I became a fitness instructor because I had a hard time getting fitness into my life so I built in a way to be sure I would get out there 2 or three times a week most weeks ... my secret? ... it was teaching fitness.  Because I had to be there for someone else or a group of people I went.   I knew that if it was about going for me and no one else depended on me being there ... well ... I know I wouldn't have been there as often that's for sure.
So when I go and join our walking groups each week and they show up because they were self motivated I am very impressed with them.  When I go to teach my Dance class ... and women that work all day come in the door at 6:30 p.m. ... I am very impressed.
Let's face it, it is easier to sit and watch t.v. or even just stay indoors when you get home at the end of the day.  It takes a great deal of self determination to get out the door to go for a 30 minute walk or to a class. I say BRAVO!
So my challenge helps me get out the door on those days when I don't have to be there for anyone else ... I have been doing the walk30 challenge since November ... each month I start again and I encourage anyone I can to do the same.  It seems easier to restart each month ... 30 days is doable and if I can do thirty days ... why not do it again ... Just for 30 days.
That is it ... so tonight is an easy one because we are at the track coaching our power walking group.  Tomorrow I have to get my own toes out the door and it is getting easier ... I have committed to blogging about it too so that really helps too.  You can tell me or someone else that you are walking30 ... or walk30 with a friend or a group ...  create a goal ...30 minutes a day for 30 days.
It helps! 
... and by the way remember to vote on this page for the Minds in Motion Race ... up on the right there ... we need your help!
Walk On Strong,
Sue
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment