Walk30 page views

Sunday 24 June 2012

Day 24 Walk30 with someone every day!

Day 24 Walk30 with someone every day

Nothing is better than getting out there with a spouse, friend or just about anyone that you can talk your way around the block with.
We had four new people out at our Walk On Strong group on Saturday ... 3 out of the four had recently moved to our area and were getting to know new people and the area by joining our group and walking around uptown Waterloo.  What a great way to get to know people and to orient yourself to a new community.  I remember when we moved here from Thunder Bay over 25 years ago one of the first things I did was go to the YMCA and take the fitness instructor course.  I really didn't think I would become a fitness instructor ... I just wanted to know more about how to stay fit and I wanted to meet people.  Within a year I was teaching classes at the Y and I knew a lot more people ... participants in my classes and fellow instructors.
Get out there and walk30 every day .. and take someone with you ... it is another example of walking magic. 
Hope you had a great walk30 today!
Walk on Strong!!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment