Walk30 page views

Thursday 18 October 2012

Day 18 Walking with a purpose


 Day 18 Walking with a purpose

One thing I like to do is to walk from one place to another purposefully. This evening I walked over to a friends home for dinner and then walked home.  It is funny to say but I don't make that walk very often.  Usually I would drive over because it is about 2 kilometers. Why do we use our cars when our feet would do just as well?  It's a simple question but, once again, the answer becomes complicated.  I think we just feel rather time constrained as a society.  We just do not believe that we have the time to take out to walk from one place to another.

If we really don't have time then I might suggest that we need to find the time and rearrange our priorities.  When I arrived home from my walk home I called my friend to let her know that I was home safe and sound.  The first thing she said was " that was fast!" It only took me about 15 minutes to walk a distance that would normally be a drive.  Having a destination that is within 3 K would make a reasonable walk. Give it some thought and then give it a try ... you could be walking30 to the store in no time!
Walk On Strong,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment