Walk30 page views

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Day 24 A Special Day


My Mom and my daughter Sarah walking in Nipigon 2011

Day 24  A Special Day

Today is my Mom's birthday ... she is 86 today.  I have to say that my Mom is an inspiration.  She sings, she dances and she is a member of Sweet Adelines and has been for almost 40 years.  She has had a hand in my passion for fitness and helping others toward a longer and better quality life. She has always been interested in staying healthy and being up on all the latest ways to take care of your body and your mind.  When I was very little I remember holding on to her hand for dear life as she and walked down the street toward the bus stop that would take us down town shopping.  I also remember her doing her exercises in our living room ... and that was a time weren't too many housewives doing aerobics and strength training of any kind. My Mom still works out at home getting in her walks and she has added strength training to her routine as well.
 I have been so lucky to have such a wonderful role model in my life.  Well Happy Birthday Mom and I hope that you had a great one!
Walk On Strong
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment