Walk30 page views

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Day 5 Walking30 in the West!

I was born in Calgary and deep down I think I am still a western girl ... love those mountains!!
Day 5 and walking for 30 minutes indoors the past few days. When I arrived in Calgary I was greeted with -30 C temperatures ... ouch!   BUT, not to worry, if you have ever been out this way before you would know that the weather is never a problem for long.  There is a saying out west that goes "if you don't like the weather in Calgary ... just wait 5 minutes!".  The weather changes on a dime and as I look ahead to the weekend the forecast is for plus 10 to 12 degrees ... that is a 40 degree difference!

Back home the Walk On Strong group in Kitchener Waterloo are out there this week for a 10 K walk on Saturday for the 8 a.m. group and a 5 K walk for the 9 a.m. group.  I hope the weather treats them well ... it looks like the thermometer will be hovering around the zero mark and that feels good when we have been enduring so much bitter cold and snow.  I can't wait for Spring which officially starts in about 16 days. It is time to get ready for the Minds In Motion K W Walking Classic ... just 10 weeks away on May 11. I am sending out training schedules this week so stay tuned.

Walk On Strong,
 Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment