Walk30 page views

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Day 1 Walking into September ... 30 minutes at a time!

Day 1 Join the September Walk30!


Getting your foot out the door is the trick for a good walk. There are lots of ways to help make this happen and if you look through old posts on this blog (over 400 of them) you will see that I have used all the tricks in the book. 

It has been almost three years, coming up in a month or so, that I have been attempting to walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days in a row and then I start again the next month.  Some months it's 31 days and others 28 days but it's always in these doable monthly amounts. 

Every month is a chance to recommit.
Pretty simple but it really does work to create goals for yourself ... a month is a lot more doable than forever!


Whether you are trying to be as fit as you can be, introduce healthy habits, lose weight or just improve your mood you probably know that it is not easy to break old habits. The only way toward success is to keep 'starting again'. Have a plan and if it doesn't work the first time ... start again. 

 I have started exercise and diet regimes so many times I can't remember.  There is fitness equipment, exercise DVD's gathering dust in the basement. and, of course, gym memberships in my past that were never used ... but paid for for about 12 months :)
The bottom line is that I have never given up.  I think that we all just want to be the best humans we can be and honor these bodies that we have been given. 
It turns out that a 30 minute walk a day can truly make a difference.
You just have to take a step out the door ... give it a try and join me walking30 this month!

Walk On Strong!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment